After 3 months, 8 countries, 9 flights, 400+ km of walking, 1000s of km by bus and train, 4 ferries we are HOME. Our new home in Melbourne, Australia.
We had an epic time.
- Meeting up with so many friends and family, especially the ones we hadn’t seen in years. (Kazue, Chris, Jono, Kirsten, Annukka, Shaun, Karen, Archie, Mirjam, Kees, Frank, Eveline, Rhiannon, Johan, Bonnie Mae, Lieven, Kai, King Ling, Isabel, Sarah, Daniel)
- Getting our ticket into heaven. More about this later.
- Wine. So much cheap Spanish and French wine. Until Scott got sick, then wine consumption plummeted.
- Cheese. So delicious.
- AirBnb. Most of them were just lovely, and so much better and cheaper than staying in hostels.
- FlixBus. Such a cheap way to get around Europe.
- Daily massages in Thailand. So good.
- Things we lost: one pair of socks each, my (already quite broken) phone, one water bottle, skin, weight (Scott).
- Coolest new food: goose barnacles
- Best cocktail: Belt Buckle (passionfruit nectar + champagne)
- Best museum exhibit: Picasso sketches of buttholes and naked ladies
Anyway right now we are staying with Scott’s parents. Scott has been applying for jobs like crazy, and I was looking for apartments. We just found out yesterday that our application for a place in St Kilda was accepted so I guess we are moving out soon! It’s just a 6 month lease so we can move closer to our future jobs if we need to.
I can’t do nuclear medicine for a while though. The committee decided I have to write the exam, at the end of October. I haven’t decided yet what I will do until then, possibly some temp office work or volunteering at a hospital, or something else part time while I study. Or 24/7 crafts?