First day of August = time to review my progress on my summer goals again.
- Finally paint the cheapo wooden drawers we got from IKEA.
Make delicious popsicles in my new popsicle mold.once (strawberry lemonade). twice (strawberry frozen yogurt). Go swimming in the ocean for the first time in Vancouver.done!
- Ride the rides at the PNE.
- Finish my Settlers paintings.
- Sell a pair of shoes or a shirt or a painting.
Go to one of the night markets in Richmond.done. twice, actually!
- Regularly visit the farmers market on Saturday mornings. once. twice. does that count as ‘regularly’? not sure.
Read some books while I actually have the time.Insurgent (Veronica Roth), Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (Jenny Lawson), currently reading The Art of Fielding: A Novel (Chad Harbach). I <3 you Kindle. Make a nicer looking menu planning board.done!
- Find a new person to play board games with.
- Try a new fruit.
Do a successful venipuncture on a real patient.I’ve done about 60 now.
- Make a new blog header.
- Take more pictures. definitely failing at this so far.
I’m totally looking forward to this upcoming long weekend, and 9 AM start time at work for the next two weeks. Two more days of early mornings and busy days giving injections.
We’ve been asked for our top three choices for hospital placements for the fall and winter terms (we alternate two weeks at the hospital and two weeks of classes for all of second year). So many factors to consider… commuting, convenience, hours, friends, educational experience, potential jobs, etc etc. I’ll let you know when I finalize my choices.